Steel sheet piling is the most common because of several advantages over other materials:
1. Provides high resistance to driving stresses.
2. Light weight
3. Can be reused on several projects.
4. Long service life above or below water with modest protection.
5. Easy to adapt the pile length by either welding or bolting
6. Joints are less apt to deform during driving.
Sheet pile walls are constructed by:
1. Laying out a sequence of sheet pile sections, and ensuring that sheet piles will interlock.
2. Driving (or vibrating) the individual sheet piles to the desired depth.
3. Driving the second sheet pile with the interlocks between the first sheet pile and second “locked”
4. Repeating steps 2 & 3 until the wall perimeter is completed
5. Use connector elements when more complex shapes are used.
Sheet pile wall disadvantages are:
1. Sections can rarely be used as part of the permanent structure.
2. Installation of sheet piles is difficult in soils with boulders or cobbles. In such cases, the desired wall depths may not be reached.
3. Excavation shapes are dictated by the sheet pile section and interlocking elements.
4. Sheet pile driving may cause neighborhood distrurbace
5. Settlements in adjacent properties may take place due to installation vibrations
DeepEX our leading software program for deep excavations is ideal for designing sheet pile walls. All standard sheet pile sections are included within the program. DeepEX. DeepEX can evaluate regular sheet piles as well as more complex cofferdam sheet pile walls.
One of the first steps in the sheet pile wall analysis is to determine the wall displacements, bending moments, and support reactions. Once bending moments are determined, the pile can be resized from the original analysis to meet the required performance criteria. The following image presents a double cofferdam wall analyzed with the DeepEX software program:
Once the bracing linear forces are determined from our main analysis, a full frame analysis can be performed. With our DeepEX software since both capabilities are connected, we were able to prepare the model below and optimize all steel sections in less than 5 minutes.
BRACED SHEET PILE WALL WITH OUR DEEP EXCAVATION
Al Watad Foundation Contracting
Geotechnical contractor , Soil Improvement
Foundation Engineering on EPC basis (Design and Build) including:
Soil Improvement (Vibro Compaction / Stone Columns) on EPC basis, (Design and Build)
all types of bored and driven piling works , all types of shoring works ,Soldier Pile Shoring ,
Secant Wall , Diaphragm Wall , Contiguous Wall , Soldier Piles ,Sheet Piles , Steel H-Beams, Shoring Plates
Micro Piles and Ground Anchors
Marine Works:Sheet piling of Cofferdams , Wharves , Jetties , Floating Pontoons , Yacht Harbours
UAE – Abu Dhabi – DUBAI
INFO@ABGC.ME , 00971553508181