Wet Stone Columns
Wet Stone Columns
Where to Use the Wet Top Feed Stone Column Method ?
- Where the compaction of sandy and gravelly layers is required and those layers are located above the water table. Compaction is generally better accomplished with the wet method than with the dry method, as the flushing water assists in compaction of the sandy soil around the column.
- Where particularly clean stone columns are required. The flushing water cleans the columns during installation.
- Wherever there are no contaminants in the soil and the soil is not a highly plastic clay leading to the problem of handling the mud in the process water.
- Where space is available for a 500 m2 (= 5000 ft2) settling pond.
- Where the installation crew has sufficient experience in the more demanding installation methodology.
|Hong Kong North Lantau Expressway, Tai Ho Section MTRC traction substation 8.000 m3 of stone columns.|
A Word on Environment
The stone column is possibly the most “natural” foundation system in existence. Stone columns consist entirely of gravel, a substance that is found naturally in the subsoil. No additives are mixed into the stone columns. They are therefore not only environmentally neutral but also more durable than any other foundation system that would involve the use of cement or steel.
|Stone column foundation for a hotel
at Coco Beach, Puerto Rico.
The vibroprobe penetrates to the required depth by vibration and jetting action of water.
Adding gravel through the washed out annular space alongside the Vibroprobe creates the stone column.
The surface is leveled and roller compacte
Geotechnical contractor , Soil Improvement
Foundation Engineering on EPC basis (Design and Build) including:
Soil Improvement (Vibro Compaction / Stone Columns) on EPC basis, (Design and Build)
all types of bored and driven piling works , all types of shoring works ,Soldier Pile Shoring ,
Secant Wall , Diaphragm Wall , Contiguous Wall , Soldier Piles ,Sheet Piles , Steel H-Beams, Shoring Plates
Micro Piles and Ground Anchors
Marine Works:Sheet piling of Cofferdams , Wharves , Jetties , Floating Pontoons , Yacht Harbours
UAE – Abu Dhabi – DUBAI
INFO@ABGC.ME , 00971553508181